John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We have a Whirlpool refrigerator. Model no is WRF560SEYM04.

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool refrigerator. Model no is WRF560SEYM04. The compressor is very loud. Just started after 1 year. What can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Is the unit cooling properly? Is the rear condenser fan running along with the compressor? Are you running the unit with the rear inspection cover off? And has the unit just had food recently put in it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The unit is cooling okey. I am not sire if rear condenser is running along with the condenser? I We are not running the unit with rear inspection cover off. We did add some food several days ago but that should not be an issue . We have bottom freezer. There is a lot of frost in the back of unit in the freezer part.
ok so if the freezer rear interior panel is covered in ice ,you have a defrost issue and that is why the compressor is hot.How do you know that the compressor was hot but not notice if the Condenser fan right next to it was running or not?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never said the compressor was hot. All we know is the unit is very loud when the compressor turns on.The condenser fan is not covered with frost, but do you think it is a fan problem? I may need to call a repairman since I am not handy.
ok the compressor is loud!The compressor and Condenser fan are both outside and under the unit!The evaporator fan is what is in the freezer.If the unit had frost that has formed on the interior freezer rear panel it is a defrost issue.Is it the Freezer Evaporator fan that is loud or is the noise outside under the unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We think the loud noise is coming from the freezer so it must be the evaporator fan. Is this expensive to replace?
The fan does not need to be replaced if the rear interior freezer panel has frost or ice on it .The noise is from the fan blades hitting the ice.You can manually advance the unit into a =defrost mode.You have six buttons on the dispenser console starting fro right to left and numbered 1-6 so #1 is the far right #6 is the far left. follow these instruction advance the unit into a defrost mode and let it sit for about 5-7 min and let me know it you hare any sizzling like water dripping on something hot.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not with you on this. Our control panel is on the outside. It shows Freezer Temp on the left side and Fridge temp on the right. There are no numbers so I m not sure what I should press?
did you look at the attachment I send you?