Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

So I have an amana dryer model number ngd7200tw. I bought

Customer Question

So I have an amana dryer model number ngd7200tw. I bought it used and it seems it was converted to liquid propane. We use natural gas so I bought the conversion kit and converted it yesterday before plugging it in to see if anything else worked correctly (stupid me). I plugged the dryer in to see if it would work but now it seems the display is broken, it may have been all along. I attempted to run a cycle on it to just see if it would spin and heat up. The dryer beeps 4 times and then flashes something on the display but I can't tell you what it says as the numbers aren't displayed correctly. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Can you better explain (numbers aren`t displayed correctly)?And if it beeps and displays anything we can assume that the main control board is getting voltage to it.A new display control module is around $200.00 is that something you would want to fix with given the price of the part?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So to better explain the display issue I am having. It displays pieces of the numbers but the majority of the numbers or letters I can't see. I'm not familiar with this type of dryer at all. I have worked on dryers before but not one with displays.To answer your other question about putting $200.00 more into it, then no. I'm not interested in doing that as I can probably buy a new one for not too much more.
ok so the parts of the LED number screen is out .Then you would need to replace the display module to correct that .Here is a link to the part just incase you do need it.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-And-Display-Board/WP35001269/4433835?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=35001269?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.