Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Maytag gemini stove on loc ovens wont work /?

Customer Question

maytag gemini stove on loc ovens wont work /?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.
Hi there try the following:press the Setup Options (0) padThen press (4) padthen press auto set padthen press cancel and the stove should be back to normal, let me know if not, also if that does not work please locate the correct model number because the one you listed is not correct, thanks. In the meantime: We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
didn't work still on loc mode
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 8 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave. There are several ways to unlock control and without the model number we can't be sure we are giving you the correct procedure. Here is another method. Let me know what happens.Press and hold the CANCEL and Cook & Hold pads for three seconds. (Press the CANCEL pad first.) • LOCK should disappear from the display.
Did this method work? If not, please provide the model number. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
stove still on loc
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
manuel model nos mer 6550 6770 6771 6870 6871 I don't know which one
On those models you start by pressing the zero, 0 button. Then press the #4. Then press Auto Set so it says lock off, then press the cancel button. This appears to be what Joel suggested. Try again and let me know what happens.
Have you gotten unlocked? Do you still need help?