Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag washer will not drainand seems to be out of timi

Customer Question

My maytag washer will not drainand seems to be out of timing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
If the washer is coming on and off without you touching the knob, either the motor is overheating, or the timer has a bad contact inside. You would need to test power to the motor and see if the power is cutting in and out. If the power is constant and the motor stops, you need to replace the motor. If the power cuts out, you need to replace the timer. Below is a link to both parts. CLICK HERE for timer CLICK HERE for motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.