Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I unlock my gas cooktop? JA: I'll do all I can to

Customer Question

How do I unlock my gas cooktop?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When I tried to light the center burner, it locked and I can't figure out how to unlock it.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No I think it is a pretty basic question. I need instruction to unlock my gas cooktop
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And what do you mean by "unlock" exactly? How do you know the cooktop is locked?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Because it shut off and won't relight!!!!!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for nothing! Why do you say you have Live Chat and then ask for a five dollar deposit and then say you will respond in 24 hours! Ridiculous!!!!!! Very unhappy customer!
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The original technician replied in less than a minute. Your reply with an excessive amount of exclamation points indicate that you are not likely going to be easy to deal with or obtain information from, so the original technician opted out. Now, if you still would like help, I can help you. There is not likely a lockout unless you have electric solenoids used on some high end products, like Thermador. Is just the center burner having issues? Does the gas flow but just no spark to ignite the flame? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?