Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The surface liters on my ge profile xl spacemaker microwave

Customer Question

The surface liters on my ge profile xl spacemaker microwave blow out. What is problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that you keep putting light bulbs in and they keep failing? Or if you put a new light bulb in does it not work at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes out almost immediately
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then you have a bad connection with the socket and the bulb if you're installing the correct bulbs. You'll need to either get some electrical contact grease which you can pick up at Radio Shack or some place like that and rub it onto the threads and bottom of the bulb, or you will want to just replace the receptacle. Be sure when you replace the bulbs you unplug the microwave first or that small spark can cause big problems. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I choose not to talk on the phone. How do I know if this will work before I am charged? I do not want a monthly charge. Thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the phone option and monthly subscription is just something the site offers but you can decline that. Either way, it will fix the problem, there is nothing else that can cause the bulb to blow out if the bulb is the correct bulb. You can always post back later if you need further assistance without being charged again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know what my charge will be. I will try your suggestions but it requires a trip to town and that will be next week. I hope it works and will get back with you. In any event, please cancel my subscription. Thanks again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The charge for this question is $28. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?