John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Ge dryer front load.. GFDR485EFRR... replaced WE04x23220...

Customer Question

ge dryer front load.. GFDR485EFRR... replaced WE04x23220... now the front display is just flashing ALL the light .. not responding
What did I do wrong
How can u reset the unit
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.One min please
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
What was the reason you replaced the display in the first place?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dryer was not starting. Repair company can out .. advised icu bad needs replaced.. that's y
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
I am taken it you are doing the work yourself.Do you own a multi electric meter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes myself .. no on electric meter .. power is fine .. breaker is fine all tested by service call
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
If you feel they tested everything properly. I would first start off by unplugging it for 5 mins and see if that resets the control. If that don't reset then reorder a new board. Its possible it could have been defective.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
REALLY Thats your expert opinion ... unplug it... .. so far a VERY VERY POOR RATING<<<<<<<<<u need to do better
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
What are you wanting. You don't have a meter to test anything. There is just no button to push to fix it. Sounds like you need to leave the repairs to the professionals.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
Good luck. Have a great day.