Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a jen air glass cooktop the model says maytag jec9536abd.

Customer Question

I have a jen air glass cooktop the model says maytag jec9536abd. The center burner inner ring and, the bottom right outer ring don't work.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The center outer ring works but not the middle of it and the lower right inner center works but not the outer ring.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So these issues can be caused from the burner itself having a broken element, or you could have a bad burner switch not sending power to one of the element rings. Typically the burner switch is the faulty part I'll warn you in advance. The switch has been redesigned and comes with instructions on how to wire them properly since they had a tendency to fail. You could order 2 switches and just wait to uninstall the cooktop and replace them when they come in if you want, or if you wanted to check and make sure the elements are ok now, you would want to uninstall the entire cooktop and remove all the screws coming in from just below the glass top. Then pull all the knobs off and the top glass will pull up and off. Inspect the elements that aren't functioning and if there isn't a break in the element, you need to replace the switch (this is the part that your knob attaches to). If there is a break in the element, then replace the element. Below is a link to the dual element burner switches. CLICK HERE for switches We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?