Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have GE built in Oven - Model number JKP54COV155. I doesn't

Customer Question

We have GE built in Oven - Model number JKP54COV155. I doesn't heat uniformly. Food will burn on side and not be cooked on the other. It doesn't cook uniformly from side to side.
It must be a problem with the hear coil not heating evenly. Can the coil be replaced
Jim *******
(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If you look at the bake element when you select bake and it's been heating for a few minutes. the element should glow orange from left to right. If it's only glowing on one side, then you need to replace the element. Below is a link to the element you'd need to order and replace for your oven. CLICK HERE for element Other than that, if the element is glowing evenly from left to right on the floor inside the oven but it's not heating evenly, the only thing that can really affect how the oven heats from left to right would be the door seal if air is escaping from one side and not the other so the door seal would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the door seal if you need it. CLICK HERE for door seal We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.