Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer model#(###) ###-####which I believe

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer model#(###) ###-####which I believe is an Electrolux dryer. Getting a CLL SRV on the display. I have already replaced both control boards and was getting ready to do the thermistor but would like to get some direction on this and/or figure out how to get into diagnostics so I can quit winging it :)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. Have you been able to run the unit even once since the new main control has been installed ? So that it may have a stored error code that can be pulled up in diagnostics.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes it will run for about 10 minutes or so before it stops and displays that message
Right now I have the back off and was going to replace the thermistor. When I tested that thermistor with an ohm meter last night it showed completely open
what setting did you have your meter set on ? the thermistor reading will be around 66,000 ohms at room temperature
that is for the inlet thermistor the outlet thermistor will be 5,000 ohms at room temperature.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I believe I tried at 20k first and then bumped it up to 200k
Just wondering if thermistor would cause that? Dryer seems to be heating up and then shutting off but that is my guess
lets run a diagnostics to see what codes if any it comes up with.READING ERROR CODES1. Wake the dryer up by pressing the "power" button. If dryer will not wake up, refer to Error "No Display".2. Turn the knob to any cycle.3. Press and hold the “power” and “start /pause” buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to show the last error code recorded.The error code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers. NOTE: E00 means no failure code experienced.Let me know what it comes up with .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I may need to pick this back up later as I am at work now but will do that first thing when I get home
ok the codes will be three digits . a E and then two number of a letter and a number!I will be on line until 5 pm EST today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you
no problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok the code it is pulling up is E64 which I guess is something to do with the heating element? But the dryer does seem to be heating up.
Yes E64 is Heater open circuit .Possible cause =Heating element or wiring defectivePossible solutions = Check heater coils and connections for short circuits to the cabinet. Replace heater and/or wiring and retest.So I would inspect the heating element coil at least you could have some thing as simple as just a loose connection on the heater or one of the two thermostat in the heater circuit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had to replace heating cool. thanks for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Glad it is up and running. I will pass along this news to Woody!