Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ed viking range getting gas but wont light. even with a match

Customer Question

ed viking range getting gas but wont light. even with a match
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i can smell gas and hear the sparker clicking i have tried lighting the burners with a BBQ lighter no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you! The top burners will not light at all?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
one of the burners partialy lit for a few seconds, but now nothing...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the stove does not get used very often. it is in a guest house
Ok are you certain gas is flowing fine to the unit 100%?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
only so much as i can smell gas
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ill check the gas supply
Check the supply I think you have a gas supply issue, sorry for the delay there was an issue with me getting posts.