Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a G.E. dishwasher model DDT575SGF2BB stainless steel

Customer Question

I have a G.E. dishwasher model DDT575SGF2BB stainless steel tub. It was installed last September. the door has started to leak in the last week. I see no obvious issues with the door gasket other than the ends at the bottom just seem th lay on the bottom of the tub, not attached in any way. it did this once last week and then washed a few loads before I could repeat the problem. but now it is constant.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If you're sure the door seal looks good around the door (the bottom corners aren't supposed to be attached so that is normal), then the door would really need to be taken apart to see if the vent inside the door or the dispenser isn't sealing up and it's leaking through the inside of the door. Other than that, either the bottom door seal that is attached to the inner door liner would need to be replaced, or the door seal around the tub would need to be replaced if you're sure the dishwasher is level and not tilted forward. The unit isn't even a year old yet so honestly I would call warranty because taking the dishwasher apart to look around would void the warranty. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?