John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Dryer takes to long to dry. I have heat, vent &lint screen&

Customer Question

dryer takes to long to dry. I have heat, vent &lint screen& all air ducts clean.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College. I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt. You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer. I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance. When you tested the thermostat I have to assume that you just tested them for continuity. Did you test the operating thermostat to see if it is opening and closing at the proper temperatures? and did you test the voltage at the heating element when the unit was running and heating? And did you test the voltage to the unit when it was in not running and again when it was running and heating ? This issue that you have is normally a issue with the operating thermostat not cycling on and off properly and the high limit thermostat cycling off and it takes a long time for it to cool down to reset itself for the heating element to have voltage again to produce heat.Do you have a wire diagram for the unit? and know how to read a wire diagram ?