Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kenmore Elite Microwave that is about 4 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Microwave that is about 4 years old. The turntable recently started to turn when I open the door. It stops when the door is shut. Bad board? Trying to compare repair to purchase a new one. Thanks!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It seems to cook ok and everything else appears to be working, clock, timer, etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The turntable is in the door switch circuit, so you only need to replace the primary and secondary door switches, not the middle monitor door switch. You can get universal switches for a few dollars each below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.