Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I HAVE A 3-YR OLD GE Profile Refrigerator that just completely

Customer Question

I HAVE A 3-YR OLD GE Profile Refrigerator that just completely stopped working today. When I unplug it and plug it back it, I hear the water lines engage but nothing else happens - no lights, nothing on the front temp/control panel. Is there something I can "reset" or buttons I can push to get it running instead of paying $100+ for a technician house call? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you! ANSWER: You can try and unplug the unit for 30 seconds that should reset the unit. If the lights still do not come on you will need a new main board for the unit. That is the board that is behind the unit behind the small access panel. There is not much else that would cause that issue. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU