John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Refrigerator ticking

Customer Question

Refrigerator ticking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.One min please
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
Can you determine if the noise is coming from inside the freezer or refrigerator side? Or does it sound like its coming from the back of the unit?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Freezer
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
Is the noise constant? Try putting you hand on the ice maker and see if you can feel if the ice maker is vibrating when it is making the noise.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
I will get off the computer at 10:00 central time. If I don't hear from before then, I will check in with you tomorrow.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.
Are you still needing help?