Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag epic z washing, stop during cycle before start to

Customer Question

Maytag epic z washing , stop during cycle before start to drain and the door stay lock
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i reset the power and the problem still the same, i remove the pompe and test result is as per pomp motor continuity test approx 6 omega
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like your washer isn't draining which will definitely stop the washer and cause the washer to refuse to spin. Now it appears you have already check the drain pump for a blockage in the drain catch next to the pump so if that is clear and you're reading approximately ohms, your drain pump has just failed. Whether it's not spinning fast enough or the impeller on the pump broke, it not creating the pressure needed to drain the water out which will stop the washer from draining and spinning properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?