Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

I have an ET8CHK/ET8CHM refrigerater and freezer. The

Customer Question

I have an ET8CHK/ET8CHM refrigerater and freezer. The icemaker is full of ice but it won't dump to container. looked around for reset button or something to help but not found - Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Hi there on that model, there is no reset switch, if there is ice in the ice maker and it is not dumping that means the thermostat inside the ice maker is bad so it does not know there is ice in the tray and will not complete the harvest cycle. The ice maker will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?