Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Need little help here I have Kenmore HE2t wash machine I

Customer Question

need little help here I have Kenmore HE2t wash machine I have replaced the door latch component last year I replaced the CCU that is on the control board. I cant get the door to open the machine will not spin and is stuck on 1 min left to finish the load a couple of codes are F-22 , F-28 any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 11 months ago.

The errors are indicating a door lock failure. Remove the power and then the lower access panel on the bottom front of the machine. The door lock has a small loop on the bottom. Pull down and the door will unlock. Make sure the drain trap in the middle is clear. Pull the filter out and clean it well. Once that is complete try a cycle. If the error comes back, the lock will need to be replaced again. I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answers positively. Rating my answer positively pays me for my answer or answers. Please remember to rate my answers positively before you log off. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done all this I just put in a new door latch component

The CCU is at fault not reading the door latch or the wiring between the two could cause this issue as well. Double check the wiring and replace the board again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello