Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Whirlpool Range Model GW395LEPQ00. How do I tell if the

Customer Question

Whirlpool Range Model GW395LEPQ00 white. How do I tell if the Control Panel is the defective part or the electronics panel that it connects to? I am unable to find the electronic panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I understand your concern so lets start with what it could be besides a board, PF error means power failure, are you sure the unit is getting the proper voltage supply from the wall plug? It may just be a bad plug.

Try unplugging the unit for about 10 minutes and plugging it back in and see if the board resets.

Then if the PF still appears try pressing and holding the off/cancel key for 5 seconds. Then if nothing unplug the unit and check all the wiring to the board for loose wires or corroded connections. If all that checks out then the transformer on the board has failed and it will need to be replaced - :

Range Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?