Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I own a E32AR75JPS2 Electrolux ICON All Refrigerator. Until

Customer Question

I own a E32AR75JPS2 Electrolux ICON All Refrigerator. Until recently, it has been running well. Yesterday, the Door Ajar alarm and light have been going on constantly until I touch the Alarm Off button; then it stays off for about 5 minutes.
At the same time, the inside lights don't come on at times. Please help me with this problem! Thank you in advance.
Paul Glaus
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door on the bottom right corner is the door switch if you push in and let go of it a few times will the interior lights go on and off as it is pressed in ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
At first, the lights were not on, so I unplugged the refrigerator and replugged it in. Then the lights came on, and when depressing the door switch, the lights went on and off.

ok but you had to turn the power off to the unit for this to happen correct?

If so when you removed voltage you were rebooting the electronic control board.

This would mean you have a issue with the main electronic control board. and it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Display-Board/297326501/1864613?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, Woody. Are you certain that this is the problem? If so, is it difficult to get to and to R & R? Could you suggest a repair manual for my refrigerator - E32AR75JPS2 Electrolux ICON?

Yes it has to be the issue for 2 reasons!

#1 you unplugged the unit and plugged it back and the lights now work ,that would not have effected the door switch ,but it would have rebooted the electronic control board.

#2 you only have three components to the units light circuit, 1 the light bulb itself ,2 the light switch ,3 the control board .

We know it is not the light bulb erratically working , the either work or not work.

And already spoke of the light switch itself so all that is left is the main electronic control board.

No repair manual.