Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Our electric was turned off from 8:a.m until 4:30 p.m. Today

Customer Question

Our electric was turned off from 8:a.m until 4:30 p.m. Today our fresh food reading is 43 degrees and our freezer is at 34, although we have a warranty, we can't get anyone out here until Monday. Is there a reset or something we need to look for. Already checked the circuits outside, they're on. Help!, Kathy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you!

Kathy the main circuit board may have been damaged when the outage occurred you can try to unplug it for a full minute and plug it back in. If it does not start to cool you will not be able to get it running without a board replacement.