Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Samsung dv419 dryer. The power button will not

Customer Question

We have a Samsung dv419 dryer. The power button will not stay on. We can manually hold the power button on and start the dryer but as soon as you let go of the power button, the dryer shuts down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like the power button is acting as a momentary contact and not keeping the power on unless you hold in that momentary contact. That means that your interface control board itself is failing. Try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't resolve anything, the interface board will need to be ordered and replaced behind the control panel and that part is about $100. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for interface control

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Tyler, we will try the first approach and go from there.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

No problem and good luck. Sorry about the bad news but I wish you only the best.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?