Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag front load washer. On the control panel it

Customer Question

I have a Maytag front load washer. On the control panel it says "control locked" and I cannot turn on the machine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I unplugged and replugged, but the red light at control lock is still on. No other lights will come on. Model #MFW9700SQ0
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Follow the directions in the picture that is attached

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.

Did that work?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In my stress I checked this site first. I am sorry that I paid $23.00 for this answer that came after I got an answer for free. Will not be using this site again!
Expert:  Chas replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry also, you should have looked closer to the rules originally. Have a nice day...