John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a daycore oven, model # ERD36SCH/NG, that will not

Customer Question

I have a daycore oven, model # ***** that will not bake. I disconnected and then put a volt meter on the 2 wires leading to the electric baking element and noticed that One leg of voltage was missing . That same voltage seemsvto be missing from the convection element as well. What might the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

First, if the oven operates on 240 volts, check to make certain that the double switch breaker in the electrical service panel has both poles switched on. If the switch toggle looks crooked, switch the breaker off, then back on again. If the oven still doesn't heat, please get back to me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i tried that already and there is 240volts entering the oven as measured at the plug in behind the stove. There is a big plug behind the stove that measures around 230plus volts with my volt meter.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do the oven lights and displays function correctly?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
all display lights and functions operate properly.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

The first thing to check is the power cord terminal block just inside the rear cover panel. It's possible that one of the terminal screws has come loose. Also look for an signs of overheating at the two hot (outside) terminals. You'll probably need to remove the rear cover panel to access the terminal block. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

P.S. Check for 240 vac across the power terminals, as well.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help, before your request times out?