Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Well,I have a thermador PRG 366 with error code E9 4 and 3

Customer Question

Well,I have a thermador PRG 366 with error code E9 4 and 3 lights blinking which tells me there are no cooling fans. and i am trying to figure out how to fix it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The oven doesn't turn on
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am GURU an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you!

ANSWER:

Often the air switch is the issue causing this problem. The air switch is located down on the bottom where the intake grill is. check the air switch to see if it is working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i check to see if the air switch is not working? i am checking the manual to see where it is

The manual will not tell you where it is look under the door behind that grill vent for it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im still trying to figure out what this thing looks like and where it is.do you have any tips on what it looks like and it's specific location?

Just give me a little bit to get you the pics of it, the site is down for an update at the moment. I will post when it is back up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this switch behind the kickplate?

yes it should be behind the bottom kick plate on that model