Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Dishwasher won't turn on

Customer Question

Dishwasher won't turn on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Are you not getting any signs of life at all? No lights or sounds or anything?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. The fuse is mounted just to the control board inside the door in the upper right hand corner. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

Since the fuse doesn't really look like a fuse I also wanted to give you a link to the fuse so you can see what you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I have to take the metal cover off to get to the fuse on the door
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

No, no metal cover needs to be removed. Just the control panel comes off. Part 3 on the diagram in the link below is what you are accessing.

CLICK HERE for diagram