Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Frigidaire Side by Side refrigerator, model no.

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Side by Side refrigerator, model no. DGUS2645LF5, that was given to me by my daughter. It sat at her house for about 4 months, not used, while she was remodeling her kitchen, until I could pick it up. We brought down to our house, upright in a uhaul, where it sat in for another 2 weeks until I could move it in the kitchen. Plugged it up, compressor comes on, condenser fan comes on, evaporator fan is working, checked the thermistor, it's good, the defrost thermostat, it's good. The refrigerator and freezer stay at room temperature, compressor gets hot but the condenser coils are cool to the touch, the evaporator coils have no frost. I blew out underneath with compressed air, checked the compressor with ohm meter, bottom left to bottom right 13.6 ohms, bottom left to top 9.8 ohms, bottom right to top 4.0 ohms. LRA on compressor is 13.4 amps, I read 12 amps at startup but I am using an old analog style ammeter which probably has some error. I also have replaced the circuit board.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 6 months ago.

Hello, you have a freon issue without a doubt. Either a leak or restriction. Return the board if you can. You need special tools and license to fix the issue.