Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire dryer es 1 instead of 1hour cycle working only 25

Customer Question

Frigidaire dryer es 1 instead of 1hour cycle working only 25 minutes please let me know if you have any solutions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Can I get the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way? And can you explain your problem with more detail? Do you mean that you set the dryer for 1 hour and it shuts off after 25 minutes? Can you restart the dryer right away or do you have to wait for awhile before you can start it again?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I set the dryer display shows 1hour after 5min it goes to automatic dryer , after 10min display start show 10min and in10min it stops the model #agq7000es1
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can restart the dryer right away
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK so first, make sure you are doing this test with wet clothes in the dryer. Of you open the dryer door and look below the door way there are 2 metal bars that run parallel with one another. These are you moisture sensing bars. If they don't look physically damaged then take some white vinegar and a paper towel and clean them in case residue has built up on them over time.

Other than that if you run a cycle and wet clothes inside are touching these bars and the dryer still shuts off too quickly without the clothes being dry, your control board is bad and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok let me try with the wet clothses
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

ok good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I have 2 exactly same dryer before i asked you i was at sears and they tell me to switch those plastic piss with 2 metal bars so i did after that I have same problem with both dryer and I put wet clothes it same 25 min and clothes are wet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If both dryers have the same problem then it doesn't sound like the dryer is your problem. You'll either need to choose a timed dry cycle or put more wet clothes in like lots of socks and shirts because it's not sensing that the clothes are still set so it shuts down early. The only other option is that BOTH dryers have bad control boards. Now controls boards fail often---but to have the exact same issue on both dryers is not really likely so I would think you're just not loading the dryer correctly or selecting the proper cycle for your dryer. You can use auto dry cycles with small loads or bulky loads or else wet clothing may not touch the sensor in time and it shuts down early.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but 2nd one before I switch that piece working fine now I switch it back both of them working same way with full load of wet towels only 25 min and towels is still wet
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure you plugged the wires back into those metal bars properly when you replaced it? Other than that, you have an issue with the control boards then.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its only 2 wires one is red other red with yellow it makes the diference
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, there are just 2 wires and it doesn't matter which one you connect to which board, just as long as each bar has one wire going to it. That's what completes the circuit when a wet piece of clothing touches both bars. If not, then the dryer ends the cycle early.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they are connected but why the 2nd one start doing exactly the same after I tried to switch those pieces
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

That I can't explain. Switch them back and see if it goes back to working. If so, then it sounds like the original sensing bar plate is bad, as well as the control board in the original dryer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did switch them back but both machine doing same 25 min
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

OK then you need 2 control boards.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but how when I switch that piece it burned the good control board is that possible
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If you'd like to speak over the phone we can continue this conversation, otherwise I have already answered all the questions you are asking you're only asking them multiple times and the answers are the same.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that doesn't make any sense that piece cant burn the control board
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

You're right. A lot of what you're saying doesn't make sense. How do you switch a part and the dryer not has a problem even when you put back the original part in the dryer? How do you have 2 dryers with the exact same problem? No one on earth can answer those questions. I'm telling you how the dryer works, you've told me what you've tried, and now I've told you what is wrong based on the information you gave me. If your information is correct, then so is mine regardless of whether anyone can understand HOW it happened.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you 100% sure if I change the control board it gone solve the problem I don't want to waste $200 thank You
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Again, we can talk on the phone if you'd like, I gave you that option. But if everything you told me is correct and you tried what I told you to try by cleaning the sensors off and putting a lot of wet clothing and it still shuts off---then yes the control board is the problem.