Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Westinghouse Model WD 5 coke bottle cooler with a

Customer Question

I have a Westinghouse Model WD 5 coke bottle cooler with a serial number of 10540081.
The ID tag also shows a part number of Y 6591. Trying to find the year this was manufactured.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

This appears to be quite an old wine cooler. According to the serial number this product may have been manufactured October of 1985.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cannot be October of 1985 as Wesinghouse Model WD 5 was only made in the 50's and 60'. I acquired this in 1972 and it was showing it's age then. Also this is not a wine cooler but a bright red electric Coke soda cooler
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Ah I apologize. Westinghouse later used that model and serial at a later date but if it's older than 1972 there are no digital records to know exactly when it was made because digital records weren't kept until 1979

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

It appears that this model and serial number was also used in October of 1975 and October of 1965 as well based on Westinghouse records. Now if you know it was acquired in 1972 then that means it would have to have been made in October of 1965.