Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Thermador oven model

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** ***** Adams and I have a Thermador oven model SM272. When I attempt to start self cleaning the oven, the clean light displays but eventually goes off in about a minute or so and never locks the door and never starts to cleaning process. I've tried pressing the door tight, but acts the same. Any ideas? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure what I can ad. The oven works fine other than that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

When the clean light goes off after a minute or so after setting the oven for self clean, it means that either you didn't set self clean properly, or the door latch isn't locking in the time frame needed so it cancels the self clean cycle. Try to wiggle the door latch in case it's stuck. Other than that, press the clean button, set the length of time for self clean, and then it should lock and start. If not, then your door latch needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?