John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My name is ***** *****. I have a Kenmore elite stove which I

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Kenmore elite stove which I think might be in saboth mode. Model c970-800133. I do not have an owners manual and can't find it on the Sears website. I have had a repair man in and he could not help me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The ovens and burners do not work. The clock and other digital buttons work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Does the display show Sb or it will also look like 5b?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has but right now the only thing that is lit up is the clock and on all four burner panels there is a small blue flashing light

ok do you see a small padlock icon or a control lock button?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do u want me to call you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not want to pay additional funds to call. Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I gave oven lock out button and cook top lock out
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have oven lock out and cooktop lock button on the display panel

No need to call ,and yes a phone call would cost you more .

if you press and hold the oven lock out for 4-5 seconds then will the oven control work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have pressed and held the clock icon doe more than three seconds. I have disengaged all power sources and re-engaged them all to no avail. I have had a technician in but he couldn't fix it only thought it was in saboth mode
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oven lock engages the doors being locked only
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are u still there?

Yes I`m here I`m just assisting more then one customer at a time.

Ok so the oven lock is not a control lock but a door lock ,go ahead and unlock the door.

and when you press any of the buttons for the oven functions nothing happens as if the control board is not even seeing you press the buttons correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The doors are unlocked. The display clock works and I have four tiny blue flashing lights on the display panel for each burner. Nothing turns on the burner or the ovens

ok and the cooktop is NOT locked out ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not that I can see....

ok when you unplugged the unit did you have it powered off for more then 5 minutes then power it back up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we unplugged it first for five min then plugged bk in...nothing. ..then we shit power off on main power box for five min but still nothing

ok I also Can not find any information on this model number in the Sears data base.

but I`m in the U.S. and I see that you are in Canada I recommend that you call a Sears servicer in your area or contact sears directly and see if they can get you a use and care booklet .

I1 will opt out in the hopes that some one else can better assist you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok....tks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you please cancel this work order. I was able to find an appliance person who was able to solve my issue. Thank you!