Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

How to I reset my icemaker on my whirlpool refigerator

Customer Question

how to I reset my icemaker on my whirlpool refigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

could you tell me the model number of your refrigerator please, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a whirlpool Gold refrigerator

ya they made a lot of those I will need for you to look inside the refrigerator on the right or left side of the wall for a tag that has the model and serial number on it, if it's a older model pull the kick plate off and look on the right side of the refrigerator frame, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
GI6SDRXXY07

be right with you looking the model info up now please be patient.

can I ask what is the problem you are having with the unit, I know you are asking how to reset ice maker, but can I ask what problem you are having with it that makes you want to reset it? I have your unit pulled up and will be glad to help but I need a little more info than just how do I reset it, because there is not a such thing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks! The ice maker is not making ice because the system needs resting. I lost my manual that tells me what buttons to press and hold. I've done it before. Just don't have the directions.

ok well I tell ya, here is the tech sheet that has all the test modes on it including the ice maker tests if you don't have any luck with them let me know and we can go from there, but as far as buttons to push to just reset the ice maker, there are none. You may have used the reset board function so that the entire cooling system restarted or something, because if the freezer is not getting below about 10 degrees F the ice maker will not make ice, so maybe that is what you are referring too, but as far as just the ice system itself there is no reset code, below is the information I was telling you about beforehand:

click here

If you need anything let me know, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?