John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My name is ***** *****. I have a GESpacemakerXLMicrowave

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a GESpacemakerXLMicrowave model Jvm1340ww2 serialmr919266s. When it is turned on it makes a growling noise but does not heat or warm. Help!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It does not appear to be a fuse problem because it turns on, the turntable turns but the food does not cook and it makes a louder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The growling noise is normally an issue with one of two high voltage components.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any testing .

And have you ever worked on a high voltage microwave before?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have a volt-ohm meter, do not know how to use it and have never worked on anything high voltage before. Thanks for your answers.

ok so do you need me to assist you in diagnosing your issue then?