Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Keyboard shorted on JVM1750SP1SS. Any thoughts on how to fix

Customer Question

keyboard shorted on JVM1750SP1SS. Any thoughts on how to fix it or is it better to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.

One min please

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Is your microwave giving a fault code?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Earlier it was giving "Keypad Shorted...Please connect a technician"...so I turned off the microwave and the range...now when I turned it back on, it asked me to put the time and then it was giving the message "Press Sensor Food Type 1-6" and it was not taking inputs on the keypad. Now that message has gone and the clock is back..
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

The only way your going to b able to fix the problem is to replace the control panel. After you replace it you will be back up and running again.

Part number is *****

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ge-microwave-parts/WB07X11277/0022/364/model-JVM1750SP1SS/0432/0123370.html

or

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Panel/WB07X11277/1555921

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and they get nothing.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Here is a video on how to replace the control panel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SYUXvH56Ug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Sean. Let me try this.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Once you replace the touchpad it will start working again.

Please don't forget to rate my service before leaving today. After you rated me you still can ask me questions for free.

Thanks Sean

Expert:  Sean F. replied 8 months ago.

Good evening I am following up with you to see how things went?

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit and I get nothing.

Thank You