How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to find replacement endcaps GE gas range. The

Customer Question

I'm trying to find replacement endcaps for JGBP33WES2WW GE gas range. The oven door handle attaches to the end caps, both are broken. They are chrome colored plastic. I found a parts diagram with endcaps 324 and 325. The handle is 316 and the top of door with vent, the part the endcaps fit into, is 317. I can find the handle for sale but not the endcaps. The handle won't do any good without something to attach it to. Is there some other endcap that would fit so one could juryrig another handle to attach to 317 somehow, which is the way most of the other doors are designed? That part of the endcap is 2 1/2 in by 1 3/4 in. The date on the stove is 1991.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

Is it possible you can send me the part numbers you are needing? When I put your model number in Sears I am not finding 324 and 325 on that diagram. Here is the diagram they are showing from Sears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SeanAttached is a diagram below, appliance.pdf, which shows our oven and handle with handle number 323 and 324 and the bar is 316 for GE model# ***** and the web site for the attachment is Are these endcaps, 323 and 324 available or anything else that might fit?John
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks John, Not sure why Sears break down is not showing the same break down.

Let me make a phone call tomorrow to see if I can find you the parts your looking for.

Everything is showing the parts are not made any longer.

I do what I can for you.