Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My JennAir frig model JCD2295KES has stopped dispensing

Customer Question

My JennAir frig model JCD2295KES has stopped dispensing water. I changed the filter and it's still not dispensing water. It is dispensing ice cubes and crushed ice, though. So what's wrong? Someone checked the line in back and that seemed o.k.; i.e. water was getting through to the frig.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If your refrigerator still makes ice, then your filter has nothing to do with the problem because that would stop the icemaker from getting water and making ice as well. So that being said, if only the water dispenser has stopped working, try to remove the bottom crisper drawer inside the refrigerator and look at the back wall where the water reservoir is located. Use a hair dryer to thaw out the reservoir which can freeze and stop water from going up to the dispenser. Other than that it sounds like your water valve isn't opening. Below is a link to the valve on the back of your refrigerator which is a dual solenoid for the icemaker and water dispenser. They fail independently. Before you replace this valve, you can disconnect the 2 water lines below the valve and push the water dispenser to make sure water doesn't spray out onto a towel below the valve when you push the button. If you get no water out of the valve then replace it. This test eliminates any possibility of some other random water line being frozen through the freezer door or whatnot. Below is a link to the valve.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?