Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool dryer LEC6646AQO motor will not run

Customer Question

whirlpool dryer LEC6646AQO motor will not run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So there are a few thing that can cause your issue but the most likely will be the thermal fuse or the door switch. You'll need to pull the dryer forward and remove the back sheet metal panel to check the fuse with a multimeter. Below is a video that shows you how to check the fuse. And below that link is a link to the actual fuse.

CLICK HERE for fuse video

CLICK HERE for fuse

Now if the fuse checks good, test power from the power cord to ensure you're getting 220 volts to the back of the dryer and not just 110 volts while you're back behind the oven. And if so, then you'll need to take the dryer apart and test the door switch because it sounds like it's bad if the start switch and fuse are good.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?