John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Jenn My whirlpool MN WRB329DMBM00 SN K50923901 BOTTOM

Customer Question

Jenn My whirlpool MN WRB329DMBM00 SN K50923901 BOTTOM FREEZER ice maker is dripping water thus making 1 large ice cube in tray
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it makes ice but water seems to be spurting from the icemaker I tried resetting I tried defrosting still doing it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok so this happens every time the icemaker fills correct?

or is the icemaker constantly dripping?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only when it is filling

ok good info on the rear of the icemaker there is a white fill cup !

This fill cup is where the water enters the rear of the icemaker for it to fill the icemaker mold cavity.

some times that fill cup will get some frozen water in it and the water can no longer go into the ice maker mold correctly .You can take your finger and feel inside the cup to see if you feel any ice.

and look at the end of the fill tube as it comes out of the rear wall ,make sure it does not have any ice on it ,that can cause the ice to spray as it comes out of the fill tube.

Let me know if you feel ant ice in the cup or see any on the end of the fill tube.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no ice but water seems to be over flowing closer to the front od the ices maker

ok good info , would you say that the icemaker is level ?

It could be that the front is lower then the rear for it to overflow from the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know just assumed it is this just started to happen but anything is possible
I will check in a bit

ok and if you need to manually cycle the icemaker you can.

You will need a short jumper wire about three inches long (I recommend a piece of #12 electrical solid wire ) make a U shape and .Remove the front white cover from the icemaker it just pulls off and you will see some holes and letter next to the holes jump T to H and after the unit begins to rotate remove the jumper.

And let it harvest and fill that way you can watch it .

Oh your model is a bottom mount so you have to tape the door light switch up so it thinks the door is closed also for the icemaker to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it I will let you know thank you

no problem!