John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Whirlpool washer does not keep going on the cycle unless

Customer Question

My Whirlpool washer does not keep going on the cycle unless I stick the end of a letter opener in the hole where the lid protruding plastic piece goes in. When I stick this in and even leave the lid up; it works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

**Can you please provide the full model off the washer. You will find it when you open the lid.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.

Just want to let you know I will be getting off the computer at 11:00 central time.

I will be checking back in tomorrow mid morning.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I see Sean will not be available for a while. I am happy to help. It sounds like you need a new lid switch. Can you provide the model number from the tag under the lid?

Do you still need help?