Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

GE Nautilis dishwasher; last 4 or 5 washings it ran but

Customer Question

GE Nautilis dishwasher; for the last 4 or 5 washings it ran but stopped mid cycle. I tapped the door and it continued. then it ran complete all last 2 times.
I don't see anything that looks loose ...tapping lightly doesnt' have any effect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
GSD3200G00WW
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I would assume that you have an issue with the door latch / switch were it may not be making good contact every time the door is closed and the latch brought over to engage the operation , they latch arms can become bent or just wear out just enough so as to lock the door but not to engage the door switch for operation .

I recommend to replace the door latch assembly on the top of the door.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Latch/WD13X10003/771030?rcaid=1000070 this parts link even has a video on how to replace the assembly and can be done with basic hand tools.

If you have any questions just reply back.