ApplianceMAN
ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Refrigeration tech that can and knows how to fix from small ice personal ice makers to large freezers, Also know furnaces.
64612473

What's this? I gotta pay $24 just to ask a why our Dometic

Customer Question

What's this? I gotta pay $24 just to ask a why our Dometic Microwave range hood light suddenly (after replacing the burned out bulb) stays on all the time and won't turn off? If you could tell me a way to definitely fix this problem, then maybe it would be worth it.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought I was asking for tech support from Dometic (the manufacturer of the microwave oven in our RV).
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You have posted to a self help website that connects consumers to experts for a fee, not affiliated with Dometic at all. Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, it appears Dometic doesn't do tech support, so since this is all I can get, I'll try it this once. Okay. Let's go...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The light bulb in the range hood part of our Dometic microwave oven (in our RV) burned out, but looking at it, I couldn't tell what the wattage was. I got the same type (halogen) in a 35 watt, but then it would not turn off. The display when the "Light On/Off" button is pressed says "ON" or "OFF", but the light remained on. After reading in the manual that it should be a 20 or 25 watt bulb, I tried a 25 watt halogen, but it still won't turn off. I doubt that using a 20 watt bulb would solve the problem.Now, I just turn off the circuit breaker to the microwave oven if I want the light to stay off, like before going to bed. That is not a good long-term solution to the problem.Can anything be done to solve this problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, is anyone there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you! I have many 2questions going right now, thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The wattage is not the problem. The relay on the electronic control board is stuck in the closed position, keeping the bulb energized. The main electronic control will need to be replaced. Unfortunately, on that model, that part is not replaceable. You can see the manual at the link below that shows what parts are and are not available. The controller is one that is not available.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, this is a waste of my time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I better not get charged anything for this on my credit card, because I have gotten NO response at all on this question within a period of a half hour.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that's it??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The RV microwave is not exactly brand new. It came with a 2009 Heartland Landmark 38' 5th wheel RV that we bought 18 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, if I'm lucky, maybe I might get an email response. Otherwise, I'm giving up on this...
Expert:  ApplianceMAN replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Ill look into this hold on

Alright, Dug into this further, First things first, I seen you said you were be charged 24$ WE as experts MAKE absolutely nothing for our time until a rating is made. So Ive been spending some time on this and if it helps please review me as an expert so I can get paid for my time.

SO this is what I found, the dometic brand is really just a rebranded LG ( not sure if you knew that)

I dug further looking for parts with your model number, It wasn't easy at all, BUT I did find parts, Above kelly said its a relay on the board, I would have to agree! I did find a board on this site I posted below, But YOU need to make sure you have the correct model number before ordering as its a different board for each item, The boards are not cheap and im not sure if this is one of these things repalce/repair makes since but that is completely up to you.

Again Im here to answer any questions you have regarding it, If it helps you please rate me for my time, If it doesn't let me know and ill opt out and let someone else help.

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/333460/131468/ For the PCB Board

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/microwaves/lg/dotrc17ssc.html#Controls All parts for the Dotrc17ssc model

Have you looked at my last post regarding the boards?