Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Our whirlpool gas range has a check and says the controls

Customer Question

Our whirlpool gas range has a check mark and says the controls are locked. We don"t remember pushing any buttons to lock it. We have now tried every button to unlock the controls but it still says "Controls Locked" How do we unlock the controls so we can use the oven? Thank you, Ken The model is "Super Capacity 465"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there I am Joel and will be glad to help you:

No keypads will function with the controls locked.

1. Check that the oven and the Timer are off.

2. Press and hold CONTROL LOCK keypad for 3 seconds.

3. If enabled, a tone will sound, and “CONTROL LOCKED” will be displayed.

4. Repeat to unlock.

If that does not work open the oven door and get the model number off the tag where is says model number and serial number, it will either be on the door frame of the oven or if you have a storage compartment below the oven it may be on that part of the stove.

In the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.