Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My whirlpool duet gew9250pw1 won't start, sensing light

Customer Question

My whirlpool duet gew9250pw1 won't start, sensing light stays on and timer runs whatever cycle time and counts down. I don't have tech manual but found diagnostic of more time, less time, more time, less time. I get 6E for error code. What is that?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I replaced control board about 6 months ago, has been working fine. Clicks , lights and beeps seem normal just no go on start
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am GURU an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you!

Does the unit say E6 or F1 E6?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
E6

If the unit is not starting have you checked the thermal fuse on the unit, that is the white one on the blower housing. Often that will burn out and cause that issue. If you unplug it and connect the two wires together to it and it starts replace that part. E6 is not a valid error on your unit.

Part #59 at this link

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU