Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

We have a Kitchenaid propane convection oven model

Customer Question

We have a Kitchenaid propane convection oven model KSGG700ESSO. The error code F8EO comes on regarding the fan.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We usually use the convection option a lot and noticed no issues until we used the convection broil one time. The propane was in a flame in the back, so we figured the fan was not turning to distribute it. The fan did not work on convection after that last week, but the bake cycle was fine until a few days ago, when the oven would not operate at all by giving this message about the fan speed being too low.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hi there yes that is a fan error to figure out what is going on you will need to do the following:

1. Unplug range or disconnect power.

2. Pull the range forward and remove the top access cover.

3. Verify there are no obstructions in the blower. If there is an obstruction, remove it and go to Step 6. If no obstructions, go to Step 4.

4. Disconnect control board connector P5 and check the fan motor for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good, go to Step 5.

5. Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1. If test is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the Hall Sensor.

6. Replace all parts and panels before operating.

7. Plug in range or reconnect power.

8. Start a cook cycle and check for proper operation.

9. Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s).

referring to step 9 to go into diagnostics mode:

Enter Diagnostics Mode by pressing CANCEL>CANCEL>START within 5 seconds. Press the number 3 or 6 keypad until it reads faults on the display.

Once you have figured out which part is at fault let me know I will give you the replacement part number.

If you have any questions let me know in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?