Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My two-year old Maytag Bravo X isn't completely draining on

Customer Question

My two-year old Maytag Bravo X isn't completely draining on all the different cycles. I have to do a 'drain and spin' cycle after the wash cycle to get all the water out. That works fine. I think maybe it's draining but not spinning on the various wash cycles. Is this a common problem for this new of a machine? What is the best repair for it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The poor drainage is likely from an obstruction either in the tub outlet or in the drain path.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's actually not a drainage problem, it's not spinning at the end of a wash cycle so all the water isn't getting out of the clothes. It will drain and spin on the "Drain and Spin" setting so I don't think it's an obstruction. The model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I apologize, I misunderstood your initial post. It is likely that the pressure tube is plugged and the control cannot see that the water has drained to allow the spin to engage. The pressure hose is connected to the main control in the upper control panel area. Can you remove that hose and blow though it (the hose)? Does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I am going to have to get some help pulling the washer out enough to accept the control panel area. I can't move it by myself
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The washer does not need to be moved. If you slide a putty knife under the end cap on either end of the timer console, the entire panel will release and hinge up, allowing access to the control and the pressure tube.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.