Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Replace a builtin microwave, GE JE1640GB but not made now,

Customer Question

Dave, replace a builtin microwave
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: GE JE1640GB but not made now
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Your old microwave specs are

Approx. Dimensions (HxWxD)

13 5/16 in x 23 21/32 in x 18 5/16 in

Here is a model I found that has close to the exact same dimensions as possible should work:

click here

let me know if you have any questions, in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

The first one was back ordered here is one that is available same unit a slightly darker color which shouldnt matter as your original model was black:

click here

and if its built in make sure you order the trim kit that goes with it.

That was the model closest to the specs of your old unit and should fit just fine, if you have any other questions feel free to let me know but if there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.