Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a whirlpool refrigerator. Model GI5SVAXVQ00 S/N

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool refrigerator. Model GI5SVAXVQ00 S/N KW2204921
The water dispenser does not produce water. A serviceman says the line in the wall of the unit is frozen and cannot be opened. I don't believe this unit cannot be repaired.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So first, any issue can be repaired, but to confirm that something is even frozen, you'll want to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and leave the doors open. That will thaw everything out and then you'll know 100% for certain if the issue is a frozen water line. Plug the refrigerator back in and if you can't dispense water---it wasn't diagnosed properly. If it does dispense water, turn the refrigerator a bit warmer and make sure the bottom crisper drawers aren't set too cold because the bottom of the refrigerator or the back wall inside the refrigerator is where the water line runs so it will freeze if the refrigerator section gets too cold.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.