Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore electric range. It has a child lock on the

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore electric range. It has a child lock on the oven door and it is locked. Need to know how to unlock it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So without a model number I can't tell you which button or buttons need to be pressed and held to remove the control lock, but you should be able to press and hold one of the buttons to unlock the control panel if the control lock is engaged. You can take a picture of the control panel an use the paper clip button above this text box to attach the picture so I can see which button since you won't have a model number due to the door being locked.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the model number is ***** the door and since it is locked I cannot give it to you. I am surprised Sears charge to rsvp to a question re their appliance
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 8 months ago.
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Sears from your reply. :)
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Gina you are correct - the error is mine and I appreciate your assistance. I will speak with Sears directly . At this time I do not want a free trial time. If in the future I will call you. Do NOT process the credit card info I put into your information of questions. appreciate your time
Hello:
I will take care of reversing all charges immediately.
Good luck with your machine :)
Thanks,
Gina
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you very much.