John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool washer, GHW9150PW0. Using other cycles than

Customer Question

Whirlpool washer, GHW9150PW0. Using other cycles than "Normal/Casual", the washer slowly fills up with water. Leaving it for a long period of time, water will gush out of the washer when the door is opened. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you mean that when NOT in use the washer slowly fills with water?

Or that while in use and on any other cycle EXCEPT Normal /Casual it fills up over the door lip and tries to operate.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When it is not in use it slowly fills with water.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If on Normal/Casual, this does not happen.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It also seems that the washer does not fully drain in other cycles.

ok You have a water valve that is seeping .

The water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/8181694/906483?rcaid=1000070

On the not draining fully have you removed the front lower panel and cleaned out the pump filter on this unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Water inlet valve? I inserts and what it is, but does that make sense that it never acts up in the Normal/Casual mode?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've not cleaned the pump filter.

The water inlet valve is the only way water comes into the washer!

If your getting water in the unit when the machine is OFF it has to be the water inlet valve seeping/ leaking .

Ok When the washer is empty , remove the front lower panel (two screws under the panel on each side) then once the panel is off you will see the filter knob to turn it 90 degrees and pull it out .

Also have a towel ready because not 100% of the water drains out of the washer sump you will get a bit of water when the filter is opened up .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is it possible that this is not letting the water drain completely on some cycles?

the washer ONLY drain by time ,if you have more water coming into the unit then that time will allow you would need to select a second drain /spin mode .the washer has no way of know or extending the drain time to drain the water out 100% if the unit has too much water in it or if the drain pump filter is clogged with debris in it .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I understand. That makes more sense than the inlet valve on the assumption that the washer didn't empty completely. I'll try that first. Thank you

ok but if you have water that is entering the washer when it is not in use it is still a water valve issue.

Or are you saying that the water that gushes out when you open the door is from the last load that was done?